For the very first collaboration of Empowered Talks, I’m honoured to join hands with Love Yourself PH as they celebrate their 10th year anniversary. In this 2-part podcast episode, I had an eye-opening conversation about HIV/AIDS, especially in the Philippines, with Danvic Rosadiño @johndanvic. Thru these episodes, we want to continue raising awareness by educating more people. Listen now.
Included are the following:
- What is Love Yourself PH and their advocacy.
- HIV VS. AIDS.
- HIV in the Philippines by the numbers
- statistics and trends as of March 2021
- Understanding people living wuth HIV (PLHIV)
- Importance of the family/familial support in helping the patients live a normal life.
- The first 3 things that I should do when I find out that a loved one tested positive.
- HIV is a medical diagnosis and not a moral judgement.
Danvic Rosadiño is the Director of Operations of LoveYourself Inc., a community-based organization based in metropolitan Manila, Philippines. While the organization’s main thrust is to promote self-worth leading to self-care among the men who have sex with men (MSM) and the youth, the organization is mostly known to provide HIV and sexual health-related services to the community.
He has spearheaded various HIV and sexual health researches, programs, and innovations, such as Project PrEPPY (PrEP Pilipinas; a multi-sectoral program that spearheaded the introduction of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis in the Philippines), SelfCare (introduction of HIV unassisted self-testing in the Philippines). He also conducted several researches on HIV prevalence and incidence among MSM in various clinics in Manila, Philippines, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Juggling his passion for learning and being an HIV advocate, he also headed the learning and development team of LoveYourself. He is also an HIV counselor, life coach, and client data protection officer.
Formerly, he is a Surveillance Assistant at the National HIV and STI Surveillance and Strategic Information Unit of the Epidemiology Bureau, Department of Health – Philippines.
Danvic Rosadiño finished his Bachelor of Science in Biology degree at the College of Science of the University of Santo Tomas, in Manila, Philippines in 2010. He is currently taking a postgraduate Diploma in International Health at the Faculty of Management and Development Studies of the University of the Philippines – Open University.
- Asian Stigma & Discrimination Forum 2021User Experiences With Prevention ProgramsPanel Discussion: Impact of PrEP on Stigma & Discrimination
Download : HIV/AIDS & ART Registry of the Philippines – DOH/Epidemiology Bureau as of March 2021