We spent our Sunday having brunch at Eggs ‘N Things at Plaza Singapura and here’s everything about our experience.
- The place is clean and spotless.
- Easy to get a table and the waiting time is quick.
FOOD & SERVING SIZE
- Food taste GREAT! They have a generous serving size.
- An order od buttermilk pancakes got 5 pcs which makes it good for sharing.
- Pancake is thick and yummers! Probably the thickest pancakes I’ve ever had. Thicker than the berber pancakes that I had before.
- It’s buttery and has that cake batter taste but IMHO, Pancake House is still THE BEST PANCAKES for me because they’re so LIGHT & FLUFFY!
- The butter on top of the pancakes was too hard.
- There are 3 kinds of syrups to choose from – Classic Maple / Guava / Coconut
BEEF STEAK & EGGS
- My husband ordered these and he really liked it. It was seasoned well & the beef was served the way he wanted it – Medium Rare.
- This! Me likey! I ordered them and I love that I have the freedom to season them just the way I want to. Remember, I’m not a huge fan of salt, so this was a plus for me.
- The vegetarian omelette was served with tomatoes, spinach & mushrooms
Their hash potatoes! I love them! Perfectly seasoned and cooked. 🙂
- He got a cafe mocha and I got an Americano and I must say, coffee was good and that made us happy!
THE NOT-SO-GOOD THINGS
- For a restaurant that says ALOHA, the reception was not warm at all. Staff were barely smiling.
- Then, our orders came wrong.
- The first one was the coffee when we asked for a Cappuccino but a Cafe Mocha arrived but we accepted it because we don’t want to waste the coffee and the effort of the person who prepared it.
- SECOND, I ordered my omelette to come with a toast but when it arrived, there were potatoes. Although the potatoes were delish, STILL our orders were not taken down correctly.
It’s nice to find a new place for brunch because we miss Olivia & Co. Again, awesome food & drinks but we hope that the rest will be improved, especially the people-related stuff.
- Breakfast for 2 starts at around 50 SGD and up.
Eggs N’ Things
Plaza Singapura 68 Orchard Road, #03-79/83 Singapore 238839 (Dhoby Ghaut MRT)
Tel: +65 6835 9988
Opening Hours: 10am – 10pm, Last order at 9pm (Mon – Sun)