And after my hiatus, I’m back with a lot of products to review and let me begin with this new makeup brand from the Philippines – the Vice Cosmetics by Vice Ganda.
These lippies are simply wrapped in plastic packaging with their price tags on. There are no fancy boxes, letters, whatsoever.
Vice Cosmetics offers:
- Bullet-type – which is your conventional form of lipstick and the other one is
- Liquid Lipstick
- Lip Kit – Liquid Lipstick + Lip Liner
The liquid lipstick’s wand is your standard applicator & I personally prefer these long ones as I find it easier to use.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
Good Vibes Matte in BET NA BET
Described as a rosy mauve shade, Bet na Bet is the pink shade that can work on almost every skin tone.
The formula is supposed to be matte but this is creamy and highly-pigmented that it reminds me of Urban Decay’s Comfort Matte formula. I agree that they are:
- comfortable to wear
- creamy smooth application
- an intense colour payoff
They are also similar to our classic favourite – MAC Lipsticks but for a fraction of the price and ain’t that wonderful! OMG!!!
Here’s how it looked like using 3 different cameras.
This is how my lips looked like after eating dinner & froyo. Impressive!
Phenomenal Liquid Lipstick in ACHUCHUCHU
Described as a bright and lively red, ACHUCHUCHU is definitely a showstopper! With the help of 3 cameras, I tried to capture the wonderful shade of this lipstick and I noticed that while it still gave a standout colour on the lips regardless which camera I used. However, the SLR was giving a bit of a neon red to a bit of red-orangey look while the camera phones were more of a bluish red.
The formula is described as a modern matte finish and gives off intense colour & full coverage with one swipe.
- Good Vibes Matte Lipstick – 195 PHP
- Phenomenal Liquid Lipstick – 195 PHP
- Phenomenal Lip Kit – 295 PHP
Vice Cosmetics are truly great lipsticks that won’t put a hole in your pocket even if you get 2-3 shades at once. Being a lipstick lover, I say that the quality of these products can definitely compete with the famous international brands. In fact, the liquid lipsticks are very similar to MAC’s retro matte lipsticks & Jouer Cosmetics.
Here are the rest of my thoughts:
Good Vibes Matte Lipstick:
- has a creamy matte finish that’s light on the lips
- opaque and pigmented
- Buildable but does not feel thick or heavy
- Not drying
- it has a slight vanilla scent similar to MAC.
- There was no sticky feeling on the lips.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups, drinking glasses and spoons)
- PETA Certified Cruelty-Free
Phenomenal Liquid Lipstick:
The formula of this liquid lipstick reminds me of the first batch of Colourpop Liquid Matte Lipstick.
- It has a very matte finish and gives a velvety/powdery feel once it completely dries.
- very opaque and pigmented; 1 swipe will be enough, but if you want a bolder colour, you can double it but I suggest that you don’t go beyond 2 applications. Otherwise, it might feel crumbly later on.
- It has a slight cake batter scent like the Kylie Lip Cremes but this is the toned-down version so it’s something that you can get over with easily. Hindi siya nakakahilo.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having drinks but there was a little feathering during meals.
- PETA Certified Cruelty-Free
This is how my lips looked like after eating dinner & drinks while wearing the liquid lipstick.
- Although it’s not completely transfer-proof (as shown on my wear test photo especially when you eat oily foods, it may fade a little especially on the inner middle part of your lips) you can easily retouch them.
- On average, it can last for 7 – 8 hours, depending on the food you eat (the more oily it is, the less staying power)
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- No discernible taste.
I love that both products were not drying and ‘tho the liquid lipstick is matte and long-wearing, it’s so easy to remove it using a cotton & makeup remover/makeup wipes. You don’t have to put so much effort removing them.
Lastly, the price point. 125 PHP (around 4 USD) for a lipstick that is quite similar to that of Kylie’s or even lower than Colourpop! OMG talaga!
This ends my review of this brand and I will try my best to grab more shades and share it with you soon!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you won’t miss anything! You can do that via email or follow my other accounts where I share my sneak previews.