Kylie released Maliboo, Ginger and Kristen for her 2016 summer collection and today I will share my thoughts on the two shades.
*Complete details of the packaging are in my previous posts and you can check it here.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a terracotta brown or brown-orange with a flat matte finish, this shade is towards the warmer side. Ginger reminds me so much of Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Ashton and though there is a slight difference but once they dry up, it is negligible enough to notice in person.
As you will notice, the photo above shows how the lippies look like just after the application and the colour difference is pretty obvious. However, once they dry down, Ginger and Ashton looked very similar.
This shade, which was a tribute to her momager Kris Jenner, is described as a warm brown berry with a flat matte finish. Again, it has a 90% resemblance with ABH Kathryn but Kathryn has a more pink berry undertone than Kristen.
Also, you can notice that when they completely dry, Kathryn becomes darker than Kristen.
- Each Kylie Jenner Lip Kit is sold at 29 USD (shipping fee not included)
- Though you can now buy the singles for the regular shades, (17 USD for liquid lipsticks / 14 USD for lip liners) it seems that this limited summer collection is only available in kits. You can check the details here.
- In Singapore, the price of online sellers may vary, but the average price is between 55 – 90 SGD/lip kit.
- I purchased these from Shopaholic Mom (Carousell) and you can click the icon below to visit her store.
✔ The products are both very opaque and pigmented (individually used or combination); 1 swipe is enough
✔ Easy to use and apply.
✔ It feels light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
✔ Not sticky.
✔ No feathering.
✔ Long lasting/long wearing.
This is the photo that I took after I had dinner and though there was no bleeding, I noticed the product faded a little from the inner part of the lips.
- If this happens, you can either reapply or dab it with the lip liner.
✔ My lips weren’t flaky despite the 8 hours of wear before I removed my makeup.
✔ Minimal transfer (only if you eat very oily foods)
✔ Easy to remove even though it seems that it can stand oily foods.
✔ Made in the USA.
Let me start with the lip liner – it BREAKS EASILY.😫 I used a MAC makeup pencil sharpener and the moment I swipe it on my lips, it broke. TWICE. So on the third time, I made sure that it wasn’t too pointy or else, I am just like wasting my money every time it breaks.
I did not encounter this with my previous Kylie lip liners but it can also be because of the hot weather and normally I would leave the windows open for fresh air. If this happens, try placing them in a cool, dry place so it won’t be too soft when you use them.
- I mentioned this in my recent podcast when I talked about the liquid matte lipsticks.a With the first 4 shades that I reviewed, I did not feel any dryness whenever I wear them, HOWEVER, for this set, I felt dryness towards the 5th hour.
- I think that for darker shades it tends to be more drying. Either that or the formula is not consistent.
- It has a cake batter smell and taste. But it wears off after a few minutes.
- The brand is not available in Singapore but you can still get it from online sellers
- You can check CAROUSELL for local sellers.
⤬ ALWAYS SOLD OUT
- It is hard to get through the website and the moment they restock, it is as good as sold out.
As for the comparison with ABH’s Ashton and Kathryn, if you already have the ABH, you may skip these shades but of course, it still depends on you if you want these in your collection or not. But generally, they are around 90% similar.
Thank you for reading this review for Kylie’s latest shades. Stay updated and make sure that you follow their official Instagram account: @kyliecosmetics or sign up for their VIP email subscription so you will not miss her updates.
Click this photo to read the rest of my Kylie Jenner reviews.
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation Stick in Y225
- Concealer: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Medium
- Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil #4
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Jeffree Star Beauty Killer Palette – Courtney
- KVD Shade & Light Eye Contour – Latinus, Liberatus, Lucius
- Colourpop Gel liner in Best-O
- Makeup Forever Aqua Eye Waterproof Eyeliner – Matte Brown
- Becca in Amaretto (Ginger)
- Tom Ford Ravish (Kristen)
- Mix of NARS Laguna & Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light
- Becca Prosecco Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector (pressed)
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
- Finishing Powder
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Finish Powder in Light
- Baking (under eyes)
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder