The last few months were all about metallic lipsticks and so I decided to explore some of the shimmery shades in the market. Let’s start with Colourpop.
This formula is supposed to:
- be a super intense metalized liquid lipstick with high impact metallic pearls.
- be a non-drying formula.
- be smooth and leave a super comfortable feel on the lips.
- be extremely long wearing.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a shimmering rose gold in a metallic finish. The photo above is how the lipstick looks like in single coat while the photo below is how it looks like when you double the application.
Single coat application
Described as a plummy pink with gold sparkle in a metallic finish. 3-Way is not as opaque as the Man-Eater but once you applied the right amount of coat, then you will agree with me that it is a beautiful shade.
Double coat application
- Colourpop’s Ultra Metallic lippies are priced the same like their other liquid lipsticks – sold at 6 USD each or 13 SGD.
Where to buy:
- I purchased these from a Carousell Seller – La.Feministe7 but last July 12th, Colourpop started offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey.
- There is no flat rate for shipping; the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders. I think they have a bracket for the weight and cost.
These metallic lipsticks are not like your ordinary lipsticks because of the metallic finish. They are pigmented that you can wear it to make a statement.
✔︎ provide high-intensity full coverage pigment with one stroke
✔︎ they apply smoothly
✔︎ no bleeding, uncomfortable dragging or pulling of the lips.
✔︎ lovely metallic finish.
✔︎ Can be used alone or apply on top of your favourite lipstick
✔︎ I wore these metallic lips for a good 6 hours.
- I felt the dryness towards the 4th hour so always remember to take care of your lips (apply lots and lots of lip balm before you sleep).
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you will never miss the rest of my upcoming Colourpop reviews! Meantime, you may check the rest of my Colourpop reviews by clicking the image below.