Here is the last set of my Matte X review.
This lipstick formula claims to:
- provide high-intensity full coverage pigment with one stroke application.
- be long-wearing and lightweight
- apply smoothly and have the most velvety glide without any uncomfortable dragging or pulling – like melting on your lips
- have a SUPER matte finish
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a vivid true red. This shade is a good dupe for MAC’s Ruby Woo though Trust Me has a better texture. It glides easier than Ruby Woo.
Trust Me was the first Matte X shade that Colourpop launched on Valentine’s day for a limited time. Later this year, they launched the whole range and this shade was, of course, included together with Poppin’.
Described as a mid-tone plum, this shade looks better in person. The photos cannot give justice but it is a gorgeous colour, I promise!
- Colourpop’s Matte X lippies are sold at 5 USD each or 12 SGD.
Where to buy:
- I purchased these from Pingbong but last July 12th, Colourpop started offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey.
- There is no flat rate for shipping; the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders. I think they have a bracket for the weight and cost.
I love the super matte formula and they did exactly what they claim:
✔︎ provide high-intensity full coverage pigment with one stroke application
✔︎ they apply smoothly and felt velvety on the lips. I can relate it to NYX’ soft matte lip creme texture.
✔︎ no bleeding, uncomfortable dragging or pulling of the lips.
✔︎ super matte finish.
✔︎ contains Vitamin E, Shea and Avocado Butter.
✔︎ No Parabens.
As much as I love them, these are the things that didn’t work for me:
⤬ Not long-lasting
- I tested these lippies and after meals, I noticed that more than 70% of the lipstick was removed. But do not worry because reapplying will not be much of too difficult.
- I noticed that these are more drying than the regular lippie stix so be sure to take care of your lips (apply lots and lots of lip balm before you sleep).
Be sure to keep these at a room temperature as they can easily break when it gets too soft. I already broke CAMI and dropped Back Up several times (and the entire lip product is now coming out without even twisting) 😐.
So there you have it! All 6 shades of Matte X lippies. Have you tried this formula yet? What are your favourites?