The first post for July will be on MannyMUA collaboration with Ofra Cosmetics. 😉
This is not my first time to try this brand and I actually have the shades of New Orleans and Miami Lights. However, I have not published the reviews yet because I was still contemplating if I will redo the photos (due to not-so-great quality) and now I realised that I should really retake them but that will be published later.
Ofra Cosmetics recently changed their packaging and I think it was a great decision. The lipsticks are now placed in a taller/bigger glass-like tube which is similar to Colourpop and Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks.
It comes with a standard doe-foot applicator but it is slimmer compared to other liquid lipstick applicators.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
A R I E S
“a nude with peach-pink undertones, this shade can be worn on the daily whether you prefer a fresh face or need to complete a more glam makeup look.”
– OFRA Cosmetics
Like the MAC Retro Matte in Back in Vogue, this shade is hard to pull off unless I will do a full glam look. I tried it with both simple and full makeup and it is waaaay better with the latter. This is also my least favourite among the three shades.
Aries is a bit lighter, but quite similar with MAC Back in Vogue.
C H A R M E D
“a pink-nude mauve is destined to become an instant classic for both day and night. This dusty rose hue is the perfect shade for those who enjoy a more subtle pink lippie.”
– OFRA Cosmetics
I couldn’t agree more with their description. This is the shade to wear if you want to pull a Duchess Kate-inspired look or when you are meeting the parents! 😀
H Y P N O
“an elegant burgundy is a truly unique shade. It is a universal vampy red that any skin tone can rock with confidence.”
– Ofra Cosmetics
I love vampy lip colours but it is a bit tricky to wear. I have seen a lot of photos online where the models look effortlessly beautiful but in real life (or at least for me) it is not the case. Dark and vampy shades can suck the life out of my face and at times it can make me look older, especially if I’m wearing flat matte lipsticks.
But Hypno is different. It is a beautiful shade and it gives a dramatic effect on your face. I see this as a perfect lip colour on formal events.
These three shades are included in special edition colours of OFRA Cosmetics.
- Each Ofra Lipstick is sold at 19.90 USD/ 49.70 USD for the bundle.
- Local sellers in Singapore are selling it from 22 SGD each.
**This bundle was ordered from Shopaholicmom and bought it for 55 SGD.
Where to Buy:
They offer the following FLAT RATE FEES
- U.S. 4.95 USD First Class Shipping
- Canada 9.95 USD
- International 15.95 USD
- I bought mine from shopaholicmom.
- Carousell and Shopee are available in Singapore and Philippines.
You can check the list of their international distributors here.
Ofra Liquid Lipsticks has creamier consistency when you compared with the rest of the liquid lipsticks available in the market; NYX is lighter and has that whipped texture. It gives off a matte look without the drying feeling.
This is one of the best formulas that I have tried for a liquid matte lipstick. It is comfortable on the lips and easy to remove, too.
- Opaque and highly pigmented.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting/long wearing but you have to let it dry for a while.
- I had no issues despite pressing my lips together.
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery.
For best results do not eat or drink for 15 minutes after applying.
- Comfortable and light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- Did not bleed even without using a lip liner and despite having meals and drinks.
- Slight transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Contains antioxidants and Vitamin E.
- Made in the USA.
- Because of the creamy consistency, it can be easy to apply a thick coat in one swipe. To avoid this, be sure to remove the excess product from the applicator. Remember, it is easier to build up the shade rather than completely swipe off and start over again.
- The brand is not readily available locally (SG) but there are ways to order as mentioned above.(See Where To Buy)
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation and Concealer: La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Warm Ivory
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Makeup Geek x Manny MUA
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in Deep Black
- NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Via Venetto
- NARS Orgasm; Hourglass Mood Exposure (used in HYPNO)
- Contour and Highlight
- Kat Von D’s Light and Shade – Subconscious
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade