Summer is all about skin, bronze, glow and coral hues and I have the lipstick that you can rock this season or all throughout the year. :p
Described as a soft, neutral coral with a matte finish. With a light application, this colour can help you project a graceful, dainty look and even if you double the coat, it will not be too much to look at.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Rose Matter is, without a doubt, a lovely colour but for a glossy effect, I would apply Lancome’s Juicy Shaker in Great-Fruit on top.
- Each Velour Liquid Lipstick is sold at 18 USD.
- Local sellers in Singapore are selling it from 34 SGD each.
Where to Buy:
- Jeffree Star Website
- 2 lipsticks per shade/per customer.
- 3 lipsticks per shade per customer.
- I bought mine from shopaholicmom.
*Carousell and Shopee are available in Singapore and Philippines.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Opaque and highly pigmented.
- Long lasting/long wearing
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery, unlike other flat matte lipsticks that I tried.
- Goes well with other products such as gloss.
- Light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Versatile product
- you can use the velour lipsticks anywhere on your face especially as an eyeliner.
- Made in the USA.
Three of his newest shades will have a root beer flavour – Gemini, Rose Matter and Mannequin. I am not into scents when it comes to my makeup but the root beer scent is delicious and not overpowering. I didn’t feel dizzy though the scent did not come off.
- The brand is not readily available locally (SG) but as I mentioned earlier, there are ways to order online. Here are your options:
- Purchase directly from their website and the international shipping (via USPS) costs 10.95 USD.
- If you do not want to buy directly from the company, you can check CAROUSELL/SHOPEE for local sellers.
- Order from Beautylish.com
SOLD OUT EASILY
You know that I am a big fan of JS products and I haven’t missed any new launch since 2015. But since his makeup line has become very popular, it is now harder to get them during launches. This was the case when I tried getting this shade. I had to wait for the next batch of orders (from local sellers) to arrive. So all I’m saying is if you want the shade, just click/order and buy them or you will be sorry!
Stay updated and make sure that you follow their official Instagram account: @jeffreestarcosmetics or sign up for their email subscription via www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com.
Thank you and I hope you enjoyed reading my review. If you haven’t subscribed, then you should because this is not the last review for this brand.
Never miss my upcoming posts and reviews and you can subscribe thru email, bloglovin’ or thru social sites (you can find them on the right side of this page).
Makeup of the day:
- Primer: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Foundation and Concealer: La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Warm Ivory
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Makeup Geek x Manny MUA
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in Deep Black
- NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Via Venetto
- NARS Orgasm
- Contour and Highlight
- Kat Von D’s Light and Shade – Subconscious
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade