It’s the summer season but I cannot let this month pass without featuring the newly launched Amuse Bouche Lipstick from Bite Beauty.
photo courtesy of bitebeauty.com
Bite Beauty is a brand from Canada and I have been lusting on their lipsticks for quite some time (since they launched their fall 2015 collection) but as you know, my blog has been occupied with mostly matte liquid lipsticks 😉 I’ve seen a lot of good swatches and based on reviews, this brand is one of the best in the market today.
Just to let you know, this brand is not available in Singapore but you can get it from Sephora USA online. Then again, they don’t ship here so I had to use some magic. 😉 LOL!
They have impressive packaging for their products and this is something different from my usual lipstick boxes.
The product is in the form of a lipstick bullet and the texture of its packaging is similar to the NARS’. The name of the shade is printed on a black sticker and pasted at the bottom of each tube.
The size of the lipstick is just right and you can easily put it in your purse or display in your vanity.
Here are some facts that you may want to know about these beauties:
- They are handcrafted.
- Made from freshly pressed fruits and edible oils.
What to Expect:
- extreme moisture
- soft texture
- creamy wear.
- weightless coverage
And now for the lip swatches.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Described as a rich berry infused with deep red with a creamy satin finish. On the tube, this looked more of a purple, berry-ish colour but when I applied it, the colour register was more on the red shade.
This shade has similarities with the Gwen Stefani Rocksteady lipstick.
Described as a classic, deep poppy red with a cream satin finish, this shade is a personal favourite. I like how my lips looked so sultry on this colour. This is perfect for special/formal events or whenever you feel like having that extra “oomph” on your look.
You can do a full glam or maybe a simple look – black eyeliner and pop this colour then flash your most gorgeous smile. 😉
- Each Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick is sold at 26 USD.
- I bought these for 50 SGD each from PingBong.
I am happy to let you know that they delivered all their promises in every tube.
- Each lipstick gives off a very rich colour payoff with just one application.
- For the bold colours, if you want to sheer out the colour, you can always use a lip brush or your finger to spread/dab the product on your lips.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting enough
- more than 5 hours of wear is decent for a creamy lipstick, especially that I did not wear any lip liner with it.
- Reapplication is also easy-peasy.
- Feels soft and light on the lips.
- Even if you add a little more, it will not feel thick or heavy.
- I love that I found another lipstick that is moisturising on the lips. The first moisturising lipstick that I had is the Besame Cosmetics.
- No feathering.
- I applied these without any lip liner and they did not feather or bleed even though I had meals and drinks.
- Unique scent and flavour.
- Love the citrus-scent and flavour of these lippies. It was not overpowering and once you try them, you cannot help but lick your lips to taste it! Of course, I did that and it tastes like fruit. 😀
- There are 34 shades to choose from and there will be colours for everyone.
photo courtesy of bitebeauty.com
- They don’t contain
- Made in Canada
- I wore it and had dinner and thankfully I was just at home when I tested these because my lipstick was everywhere! – straw, drinking glass, spoon and fork. 😬 I think this is common with creamy lipsticks. However, that also reminded me why I really love my mattes.
For longer wear, you can use a lip pencil before you apply the lipstick.
Also, I want to point out that despite not being transfer-proof, I did not experience any colour transfer on my teeth and that is a good thing.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) and also it’s not carried by Sephora Singapore.
I am happy that I finally got my hands on these and although they may fall on the higher price range, it is worth pointing out that you are getting good quality of products. They are hydrating; smells great and again, made out from freshly-pressed fruits – the things that we don’t usually get from a regular lipstick. 😉
In case you are wondering why I did not have the swatch comparison for Beetroot and Tannin, that’s because we are currently packing and moving things at home. I had to put my stuff in a box (makeup included) for the mean time, but don’t worry because I will have a separate post for that. I promise. 🙂
This will be for now and thank you for reading! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE and check out my review for Bite Beauty’s Cayenne and Cherry.