1. Beautyblender Sponge
photo courtesy of norcostco.com
A lot of brands had their version of this pink sponge but when you try the original, you can really tell that it’s really different. Yes, it is egg-shaped for a reason – it’s a multi-purpose applicator. You can use this cosmetic sponge to apply and blend your moisturiser, primer, foundation, concealer, blush, highlighter and a whole lot more.
If you want to achieve that airbrushed look, then this is the tool that you need.
How to Use:
- Wet your beautyblender sponge with water until it doubles its size.
- Squeeze the excess liquid (optional: with the help of a towel) and now
- Use the damp sponge to apply the desired product.
To date, the brand offers different kinds of beautyblender sponges that are suitable for every beauty need. To find out more, check it here.
PRICE: 20 USD / 32 SGD
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
For natural-looking brows, I highly recommend this product. The strokes of this slim pencil imitate the look of your brow hair and you can move on from those harsh brows. Full review and photos here.
PRICE: 21 USD / 35 SGD
3. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
photo from http://www.narscosmetics.com
This is my no. 1 concealer to date. I tried several brands and I always see myself going back and reaching for this, especially if I want to look flawless. It hides my breakout no matter how big or small they are and it doesn’t cake, crease, budge or exaggerates fine lines. Perhaps I can say that this is one of my Holy Grail (HG) products. 🙂
PRICE: 29 USD / 43 SGD
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
It took me a while to give in and try this and I kid you not, buying and using this to set my makeup is one of the best things that I did.
How to Use:
There are many ways that you can use this and some of them are:
- Setting Powder for your concealer (to avoid creasing)
- Applied heavy eyeshadow, blush or bronzer? Use this to neutralise/lighten the strong application.
- Eye Primer
- If you don’t have a separate eye primer for your eyeshadow, you can apply a small amount of concealer on your lids and then dust it with this loose powder.
PRICE: 38 USD / 69 SGD
5. Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
photo courtesy of thedfstore.com
For the longest time, I was wondering why my makeup won’t last the whole day. Well, of course, I am aware that there are a number of factors to consider such as weather, skin issues (oily, etc) but also, I didn’t know that you have to use something to keep your makeup together.
This and the setting powder works hand in hand – the setting powder locks your makeup while the setting spray seals the deal. It basically keeps the makeup in place so it won’t melt or fade despite being in a hot environment.
How to Use:
- Shake the product well.
- Apply after makeup.
- Hold the bottle 8 to ten inches away and mist the face two to four times, in an “X” and “T” formation.
PRICE: 30 USD / 48 SGD
And you bet, these are just some of the products that I use every.single.time. I also bring them whenever and wherever I travel. What about you? What are your favourite beauty products that you can recommend to everyone? Share it with us!
Once again, many thanks for reading and until my next post.