I went to the new LUSH store at Wisma and picked up these face and body masks and scrub so I can try them. After using it for almost 2 weeks, here’s what I think about them. 😉
1. Ocean Salt (Self-Preserving) Face and Body Scrub
Let’s start with my least favourite in the group.
“Limes steeped in vodka, grapefruit and lashings of salt go into this invigorating face and body scrub – now in a self-preserving formula.”
I like the citrus scent of this scrub and was really excited to try it but when I did, I felt that it was a bit “heavy” on my skin and that was weird so I washed it right away. Although LUSH mentioned on their website that if you have a sensitive skin, then you may try their other products.
My skin felt clean afterwards but I did not like the tacky feel that the scrub left on my body. For me, this is not so great and I will just finish this tub but I will not repurchase.
2. Cup O’ Coffee Face and Body Mask
If you are a coffee lover then you must have read that there are more things that you can do with it and body scrub is one of them. This has a delicious smell and it’s like a combination of coffee and chocolate (IMO). It has a bit of a thin consistency, but not too liquidy. Just the right kind.
I apply it on wet skin and let it stay for about 10-15 minutes. Before I wash it, I do some circling motions on the areas such as the elbows, arms, knees and lower legs. Then I wash it off with warm water after.
I only use this as a body scrub because I have a different scrub for my face and so far, I am loving it. When I first tried it, I was wowed on how soft my skin was after the shower. I didn’t like the coffee scent that clings to your skin, though. A bit overpowering, to be honest. But you can avoid that when you use a shower gel or soap to finish your shower routine. 😉
3. Mask of Magnaminty (Self-Preserving) Face and Body Mask
This mask aims to clean, calm and clear the skin and this is my top favourite. Aside from the minty scent (which I really love), this left my skin so smooth and refreshed. This is perfect to use when you feel tired and you want something to perk you up on a busy week.
What is “Self-Preservation”?
This was my question to the SA who assisted me in the store as I noticed that not all of their products are labeled with it. She explained that it means there are lesser artificial preservatives used in those products.
“We’ve always used natural preservatives like salt, honey and clay to keep our products fresh for longer.”
- Ocean Salt (Self-Preserving) Face and Body Scrub – 28 SGD for 120g
- Cup O’ Coffee Face and Body Mask – 26 SGD for 100g
Mask of Magnaminty (Self-Preserving) Face and Body Mask – 28 SGD for 125g
- These are great products and they really work on giving you that skin treatment that you can do at home.
- I love that you can buy it in small tubs because you can at least give them a try first before purchasing a full size.
- They may be a bit pricey but these have a lot of natural ingredients. Surely you can get cheaper products on the market but if you check the ingredients, they may contain alcohol and other chemicals that may harm your skin when continuously used.
- I use these three products alternately (M-W-F) and my skin has never been so smooth! I mean really.
I highly recommend that you try these face and body masks and now I want to try their other products and of course, I will keep you updated on that.😉
Currently, LUSH is available in 44 countries and to know more about this brand, you can visit their website: www.lush.com
Thank you for reading this and if you haven’t subscribed yet, then should! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE and never miss my upcoming posts and reviews! Until next time.