Jeffree Star has never failed to impress me when it comes to his makeup line. So if you are a JS fan like myself, you should brace yourself (wallet included) because he has a lot of gorgeous surprises in the coming days and of course, I assure you that I will feature them here. For now, let us discuss the brand’s newest shade, Gemini.
Check out my previous reviews for the 8 shades that I currently own.
Described as a sultry, plum mauve with a matte finish, I thought that this will be very similar to Kat Von D’s Double Dare or Lolita II but it’s not.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
This is darker than Candy K and this can be your everyday colour.
- Each Velour Liquid Lipstick is sold at 18 USD.
- There is a limit when ordering:
- 2 lipsticks per shade (website) per customer.
- 3 lipsticks per shade (Beautylish.com) per customer.
This is a very reasonable policy so everyone has a fair chance of getting all the other shades that they wish to have.
- Very opaque and pigmented; 1-2 swipes will be enough.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting/long wearing
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery, unlike other flat matte lipsticks that I tried.
- It feels so light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Versatile product
- you can use the velour lipsticks anywhere on your face especially as an eyeliner.
- Made in the USA.
- 100% Cruelty-free products.
Three of his newest shades will have a root beer flavour – Gemini, Rose Matter and Mannequin. I am not into scents when it comes to my makeup but the root beer scent is delicious and not overpowering. I didn’t feel dizzy though the scent did not come off.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) BUT DO NOT FRET because you now have
SOLD OUT EASILY
- Jeffree Star makeup products are so popular because of its great quality and they can easily go out of stock. When they launched Gemini, it was sold out in 17 minutes! Same goes for the rest of the shades and (sold out in 1 or 2 hours) so if you want the shade, just click and buy them or you will be sorry.
When they launched Gemini, it was sold out in 17 minutes!
Stay updated and make sure that you follow their official Instagram account: @jeffreestarcosmetics or sign up for their email subscription via www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com.
I want to thank you for taking time to visit my blog and I hope you enjoyed reading my review. If you haven’t subscribed, then you should because this is not the last review and swatches for this brand. 😀
Never miss my upcoming posts and reviews and you can subscribe thru email, bloglovin’ or thru social sites (you can find them on the right side of this page). 😉