And we are up for another set of Bésame lipstick review. 😉
If it is your first time in my blog, you can check my previous reviews here.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For reference here is the list of my foundation shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
1930 TANGO RED
Bésame describes this as a peachy orange-red with a semi-matte finish. With the description, I was expecting a more orange colour but when I swatched it, I find that this shade leans more on deep red-orange.
When Bésame announced that new colours will be available at Sephora USA (that includes Carmine) I got really excited. Besame lipstick is without a doubt a great product but I’m really curious with this shade.
Described as a bright orange with a semi-matte finish, this colour is perfect for golden and olive skin tones. This reminds me so much of the lip colour in the 1940s.
- Bésame lipsticks are priced at 22 USD each.
- In Singapore, the price varies as it depends on the current foreign exchange, but in average it is being sold between 40 – 44 SGD.
- Highly pigmented and very opaque.
- It gives off a very rich color with just one swipe.
- Ease of Application
- The square end of their lipsticks is simply fantastic because it makes the application easier;
- You can achieve the perfect shape with no mistakes even without the help of a lip liner.
- It was comfortable and light on the lips.
- Long wearing
- It stayed for more than 7 hours on my lips.
- After meals and drinks, the color faded a little BUT! all I had to do was press my lips together (once or twice is enough).
- After meals, the lipstick was still intact and there was no bleeding/feathering.
- It has a vanilla scent same with MAC lipsticks and Colourpop Lippie Stix and it wears off after a while.
- My lips did not flake out even after wearing it for hours.
- I feel that my lips were moisturized while wearing them.
- Made in the USA.
- Bésame Cosmetics is not sold in Singapore. I got my lipsticks from my reliable source of imported beauty products here. (PingBong).
If you do not want to buy from a local seller here (Carousell), you have 2 other options:
- order directly from their website and pay for the (not-so-inexpensive) international shipping fee (average rate of 44 USD for Singapore) OR
- order thru Sephora.com. Though this option only works if you have friends/relatives in the US who can help you with your orders. See the complete details of Sephora’s International Shipments here.
***There are now
7 11 shades available in Sephora website.
This remains as the BEST lipstick formula that I have ever tried. I personally recommend this if you want to try red lipsticks but you have a bit of a dry/mature lip texture. (And NO, this isn’t a sponsored post – never was!)
Their formula is so forgiving on the lips and you will not suffer any dryness or blotchiness. So if you are looking for a lipstick to try, you can give this brand a chance and I promise that it is worth your time and money.
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Warm Ivory
- Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Light Pale
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Eyeshadow – Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Cocoa Mirage
- Eyeliner –Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
- Blush – Tom Ford – Ravish
- Contour and Highlight
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade
- I also used Maybelline’s Instant Age rewind Brightener Illuminator underneath.
“Don’t be like the rest of them, darling.”
– Grace Kelly