I am featuring another two of the most popular shades from one of the hottest indie lipstick brands today – Jeffree Star. They recently restocked Masochist (full review of this shade here) and Androgyny and in 20 minutes they were sold out! So if you are still thinking if you want to try these shades, allow me to help you thru this post. 😀
While the regular shades are housed in pink boxes, Androgyny and Doll Parts comes in a white box with rose-gold stars printed in front (as seen in the photo). The name of the shade is printed on a sticker and pasted on the top cover of the box.
These liquid lipsticks are placed in a transparent, and high-end looking plastic tubes with a white cap and rose-gold stars are printed on them. The brand name is also printed in rose-gold foil and positioned in front of each bottle.
The name of the shade is printed on a pink sticker and pasted at the bottom of each tube.
I personally like this sort of feature, if I may call it that way. Closing and having that “click” sound/feel when you close the cap gives you a sense of security.
As I mentioned in my previous reviews, I like Jeffree Star’s wand because it is longer applicator (compared to Lime Crime’s) and has a wider end which makes it easier to use and glide on the lips when applying the product.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Described as a sultry, plum mauve with a matte finish. At first look, it reminded me of Kat Von D’s Lolita so I swatched them side by side, and I included Kat Von D’s Studded Lipstick in Cathedral.
When compared, Lolita is browner while Androgyny is more purplish.
Described as a soft cool toned pink with a matte finish. This dainty colour can perfectly match a simple dress a la Taylor Swift.
photo courtesy of Google.
If you are thinking that this is somewhat the same with KVD Mother, then you are not alone, sister! 😀 I also thought of it and you guessed it right, I compared these two.
These two shades were originally launched as limited editions, but due to insistent public demand, Jeffree Star relaunched Androgyny last February 12th while Doll Parts will be back in March.
- Each Velour Liquid Lipstick is sold at 18 USD.
- There is a limit of 2 lipsticks per shade per customer. It is a very reasonable policy so everyone has a fair chance of getting all the other shades that they wish to have.
- These liquid lipsticks very opaque and pigmented; 1-2 swipes will be enough.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Long lasting/long wearing
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery, unlike other flat matte lipsticks that I tried.
- It feels so light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Made in the USA.
- 100% Cruelty-free products.
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) BUT DO NOT FRET because you now have 3 options:
- You can buy directly from their website and the international shipping (via USPS) costs 10.95 USD.
- If you do not want to buy directly from the company, you can check CAROUSELL for local sellers and these beauties are sold from 34 SGD each. I got mine from Pingbong.
- Lastly, this brand is now available in Beautylish.
SOLD OUT EASILY
- The products are so good that they can easily go out of stock (in a span of 1 or 2 hours after restocking; or in the recent relaunch 20 minutes!) so if you want the shade, just click and buy them or you will be sorry.
Stay updated and make sure that you follow their official Instagram account: @jeffreestarcosmetics or sign up for their email subscription via www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com.
If you want to see my other makeup reviews just click here or if you want to check out my reviews, photos and swatches for this brand, just click the links below: