Did you miss my makeup/lipstick reviews? Fret no more because I am back and I am loaded! What could be the best way to officially grace my first set for 2016 but to review 2 of the most famous red liquid lipsticks from Kat Von D? 😀
Each Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick comes in a slim, black box. The body of the box has a rose design while the word “EVERLASTING LIQUID LIPSTICK” is printed in silver foil letters and stamped on the box. The name and colour of the lipstick shade are printed on a sticker-like material and pasted at the end of the box.
The liquid lipsticks are housed in a slim and high-end looking transparent plastic tubes with gothic-inspired prints on the upper portion. The cap, on the other hand, has a velvet-matte feel on the hand and it is also designed with roses printed in silver foil.
At the bottom of the tube, you will find a sticker with the shade name printed on it.
KVD’s applicator is longer than Jeffree Star’s wand and has a slimmer end, too. But do not worry because it is still very easy to use.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Outlaw is described as a brick red with a flat matte finish. A lovely red colour that you can use at work and on a date.
Underage Red is described as a bright crimson with a flat matte finish. It is a cool-toned red colour applies beautifully on the lips.
I am sure that at this point you have scrolled up and down for several times because just like me, you also cannot see the difference between the two shades. So our next question is:
Is Outlaw similar with Underage Red?
Outlaw VS. Underage Red
Despite the different description given by the company, I can personally say that they are quite, if not very similar. I read in some reviews that Outlaw is on the warmer tone while Underage is on the cooler tone. There may be some differences but it cannot be discerned by the naked eye. I tried to swatched them side by side and here is how they looked:
I even tried to use the help of Adobe to justify the colour difference which, by the way, showed the difference as soon as you looked at the fonts below. But again, once worn on the lips, they cannot be determined which is which.
- Outlaw and Underage looks very similar when you wear and see them in flesh.
- If you do not want similar lip colours, then I suggest that you only choose 1.
- But if you are the type of person who wants to have them despite the slight difference, then get them both.
- Each KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is sold at 20 USD in Sephora USA / 30 SGD in Sephora SG.
- These can also be found in Carousell Singapore and sellers are giving it between 34 – 40 SGD.
- KVD Liquid lipsticks has a very matte finish; the lips feel smooth & velvety;
- It does not dry instantly; you have time to fill in your lips and adjust the application when needed.
- These liquid lipsticks very opaque and pigmented; 1 swipe will be enough, but if you want a bolder color, you can double it.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Buildable but does not feel thick or heavy and if you need to retouch, it will be easy-peasy
- You can mix it with another shade to come up with either a new shade OR have a two-toned look.
- Long lasting/long wearing.
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery.
- Note that when you eat oily foods, it may fade a little especially on the inner middle part of your lips but you can always retouch.
- On average, it can last for 7 – 8 hours, depending on the food you eat (the more oily it is, the less staying power)
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- Like what I have always been saying in my previous reviews of any matte lipsticks, dryness is something to be expected from matte lipsticks. But if you prep your lips properly (before and after wearing mattes), this can be avoided.
Berry’s Useful Tips:
- Exfoliate and moisturize your lips.
- Use lip balm (before applying and after removing)
- When REMOVING any matte lipstick:
- Use a waterproof makeup remover. I use BIODERMA Sensibio H20 because it is good for sensitive skin.
- Some are using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton and gently wipe your lips. Others are also using Q-tips.
AVAILABILITY The brand is not yet available locally (Singapore) you can check CAROUSELL for local sellers. If you want to get from where I bought my lippies, her store link is in the right side of my blog under Beauty Links >> PingBong Shoppe.
These beauties will now available (online & local stores) at Sephora Singapore on the following schedules
– Web Launch for Black Card members
– Public Access Online
– Available in stores
(as of July 6, 2016)
SOLD OUT EASILY
- Just like the Jeffree Star Lipsticks, these beauties can easily go out of stock (this is applicable for the favourite shades, newly launched shades or limited editions) so if you want it, just click and buy them or you will have to wait until they restock.
In case you missed my reviews for the other shades of KVD’s liquid lipsticks, you can check them by clicking the photo below:
Until my next review! Thanks for the taking time to read and if you have comments, questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave them at the comments section below. I love hearing from all of you! 😀
***Note from the author:
The original photos used in this post were changed for better visual representation of the swatches.