The 90s kind of browns are so back, so why don’t we discuss some of the hottest lipstick shades that fall under this category today? Today I will share 3 of the most raved Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks shades.
Before we move on, let’s go through the basics and that includes the packaging details, etc.
Each Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick comes in a slim, black box. The body of the box has a rose design while the word “EVERLASTING LIQUID LIPSTICK” is printed in silver foil letters and stamped on the box. The name and colour of the lipstick shade are printed on a sticker-like material and pasted at the end of the box.
The liquid lipsticks are housed in a slim and high-end looking transparent plastic tubes with gothic-inspired prints on the upper portion. The cap, on the other hand, has a velvet-matte feel on the hand and it is also designed with roses printed in silver foil.
At the bottom of the tube, you will find a sticker with the shade name printed on it.
KVD’s applicator is longer than Jeffree Star’s wand and has a slimmer end, too. But do not worry because it is still very easy to use.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Double Dare is described as a cocoa blush with a matte finish. A gorgeous coral pink colour that is easy to wear any day.
Double Dare is one of the new shades that Kat Von D launched this year and yes, this is permanent in the liquid lipstick collection. But now, the next question is:
Is Double Dare similar with Lolita II?
Let’s find that out as we move on.
Lolita is described as a chestnut rose with a matte finish. This appeared to be a medium brown once settled on the lips. I admit that this is the first brown lipstick that I had and was unsure if I can really use it after testing. I’m glad that this is one colour that is easy to pull off.
Lolita is one of the favourite shades in Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid lipstick and it comes in a regular size, unlike Lolita II.
Lolita II is part of Kat Von D’s 2015 Holiday Duo. The set includes 2 mini Everlasting Liquid lipsticks (Lolita and Lolita II) which are half the size of the KVD’s regular lipstick size.
Lolita II is described as a terra cota nude with a matte finish. This is a beautiful colour that you can wear everyday. This is the colour that will be in my top drawer as I see myself reaching for this if I am in a hurry or if I just want a little colour on my lips before stepping out.
The Holiday Duo is priced at 19.50 USD while in Carousell (in Singapore) the price starts at 38 SGD. The full size of Lolita II is now available in Sephora USA.
Now, the most awaited part…
Lolita II VERSUS Double Dare
So here is my take on this:
- These 2 lipsticks may look different when swatched on the arm, but they look pretty similar when worn and dries on the lips.
- If you do not want similar lip colours, then I suggest that you only choose 1.
- But if you are the type of person who wants to have them despite the slight difference, then get them both.
This reminds me of getting different nude lipsticks from MAC lipsticks and then you realize that they are very very similar to each other. 😀
- Each KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is sold at 20 USD in Sephora USA / 30 SGD in Sephora SG.
- These can be found in Carousell Singapore and sellers are giving it between 34 – 40 SGD.
- KVD Liquid lipsticks are creamy and despite the very matte finish, the lips feel smooth & velvety;
- It does not dry instantly; you have time to fill in your lips and adjust the application when needed.
- These liquid lipsticks very opaque and pigmented; 1 swipe will be enough, but if you want a bolder color, you can double it.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Buildable but does not feel thick or heavy and if you need to retouch, it will be easy-peasy
- You can mix it with another shade to come up with either a new shade OR have a two-toned look.
- Long lasting/long wearing.
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery.
- Note that when you eat oily foods, it may fade a little especially on the inner middle part of your lips but you can always retouch.
- On average, it can last for 7 – 8 hours, depending on the food you eat (the more oily it is, the less staying power)
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
- Like what I have always been saying in my previous reviews of any matte lipsticks, dryness is something to be expected from matte lipsticks. But if you prep your lips properly (before and after wearing mattes), this can be avoided.
Berry’s Useful Tips:
- Exfoliate and moisturize your lips.
- Use lip balm (before applying and after removing)
- When REMOVING any matte lipstick:
- Use a waterproof makeup remover. I use BIODERMA Sensibio H20 because it is good for sensitive skin.
- Some are using olive oil or coconut oil.
- Use a cotton and gently wipe your lips. Others are also using Q-tips.
AVAILABILITY The brand is not available locally (SG) you can check CAROUSELL for local sellers. If you want to get from where I bought my lippies, her store link is in the right side of my blog under Beauty Links >> PingBong Shoppe.
These beauties will now available (online & local stores) at Sephora Singapore on the following schedules
– Web Launch for Black Card members
– Public Access Online
– Available in stores
(as of July 6, 2016)
SOLD OUT EASILY
Just like the Jeffree Star Lipsticks, these beauties can easily go out of stock (this is applicable for the favourite shades, newly launched shades or limited editions) so if you want it, just click and buy them or you will have to wait until they restock.
In case you didn’t know, Kylie Jenner just launched her lip sets this month and a lot of people are going crazy about it (of course). But, if you are just looking for a good lip colour to do the 90s-inspired look, you might as well consider getting any of these three. You can also try checking out other brands such as Colourpop and Jeffree Star Cosmetics. 😀
Until my next review! Thanks for the taking time to read and please feel free to leave your comments! I love hearing from all of you!
***Note from the author:
The original set of photos used in this post was changed for better visual representation of the swatches.