From the Hollywood icon known for her crimson red lips, Bésame classic lipstick in Red Hot Red was inspired by Marilyn Monroe’s favourite lip colour.
Photo from Google.com
Bésame lipsticks are packaged in a red box designed with brand’s signature chrysanthemum flowers and gold imprints. The size is also smaller than the usual lipstick box.
The packaging of this lipstick is inspired by the 1940’s lipstick bullet. With its small size (3.5 g), it perfectly fits in the pocket of your purse. The gold-plated casing gives a sophisticated and luxurious feel when you hold it.
This is a photo of Bésame lipstick when compared to the sizes of other brands.
(L-R) YSL Rouge Volupte, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford, MAC & Bésame
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
1930 Red Hot Red
Described as a bold and brazen warm red with a semi-matte finish. As promised by Bésame, it gives off a rich colour with just one swipe.
1930 Red Hot Red is brighter than the 1920 Bésame Red. Here is a comparison of the three shades of Bésame red lipsticks that I featured for your reference.
- check out the other Bésame lipstick reviews here:
In case you are wondering, yes I overdrawn my lips for a change 😀
Here is a photo of Bésame Red Hot Red under a natural light.
- Bésame lipsticks are priced at 22 USD each. The price may be a little bit high for a lipstick but given the formula and performance of the product, it is definitely worth the amount that you will pay for.
- In Singapore, the price varies as it depends on the current foreign exchange, but in average it is being sold between 40 – 44 SGD.
- Highly pigmented and very opaque.
- It gives off a very rich color with just one swipe.
- Ease of Application
- I love how they designed their lipsticks (square end) because it makes the application easier and even without the help of a lip liner.
- It was comfortable and light on the lips.
- Long wearing
- I wore Red Hot Red without a lip liner and it stayed for more than 7 hours. After meals and drinks, the color faded a little BUT! all I had to do was press my lips together (once or twice is enough).
- After meals, the lipstick was still intact and there was no bleeding/feathering.
- It has a vanilla scent same with MAC lipsticks and Colourpop Lippie Stix.
- My lips did not flake out even after wearing it for hours.
- I feel that my lips were moisturized while wearing them.
- Made in the USA.
- Bésame Cosmetics is not sold in Singapore. I got my lipsticks from my reliable source of imported beauty products here. (PingBong).
If you do not want to buy from a local seller here (Carousell), you have 2 other options:
- order directly from their website and pay for the (not-so-inexpensive) international shipping fee (average rate of 44 USD for Singapore) OR
- order thru Sephora.com. Though this option only works if you have friends/relatives in the US who can help you with your orders. See the complete details of Sephora’s International Shipments here.
***Take note that only 7 shades are available in Sephora website. How I wish that shades like Carmine and other pink shades can also be available. 😀
This is by far, the BEST lipstick formula that I have ever tried. So if you are looking for a lipstick to try, you can give this brand a chance and I promise that it is worth your time and money. The formula is so good that my lips looked and felt lovely, both in person and in the photos. ❤
Makeup of the day:
- Foundation: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC25)
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe and Brow wiz in Medium Brown
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
- Eyeliner –K-Palette Real Lasting Eye Pencil (1-day Tattoo) in Black
- Blush – Nars Orgasm
- Contour – Kat Von D Light & Shade Contour Palette
- Highlight – Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light to Medium Shade
We are all of us stars
and we deserve to twinkle
– Marilyn Monroe