My love for matte liquid lipsticks won’t be complete if we will not talk about Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. ;D
I have been using these lippies since August (I think) but I just had the time to finish taking photos and swatches last week. So I am excited to share my thoughts and impressions and be sure you stay tuned for my upcoming posts featuring this brand. 😀
Each Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick comes in a slim, black box. The body of the box has a rose design while the word “EVERLASTING LIQUID LIPSTICK” is printed in silver foil letters and stamped on the box. The name and colour of the lipstick shade are printed on a sticker-like material and pasted at the end of the box.
The liquid lipsticks are housed in a slim and high-end looking transparent plastic tubes with gothic-inspired prints on the upper portion. The cap, on the other hand, has a velvet-matte feel on the hand and it is also designed with roses printed in silver foil.
At the bottom of the tube, you will find a sticker with the shade name printed on it.
(L-R) Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, Colourpop Ultra Matte, Australis Velourlips, Lime Crime, Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick
KVD’s applicator is longer than Jeffree Star’s wand and has a slimmer end, too. But do not worry because it is still very easy to use.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference here are my shades:
NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear Foundation) / 1.5 (MAC Matchmaster) Y225 (MUFE Ultra HD) / Light 4 Deauville (NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation)
Bauhau5 is described as deep raspberry in a matte finish. It is a beautiful bold color and has a cool undertone. It has similarities with Australis Velour Lips in Shang-Hi, but I think that Shang-Hi is brighter.
I wore this shade for 7 hours, including meals and this is how it looked on my lips after.
Kat Von D described this as a dusty mauve pink in a matte finish. In my opinion, Mother is that lovely pink color that women can wear anytime, any day. It is not too dark, too loud or too light.
Compared with Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere which is also a dusty pink-mauve, Mother is pinkier.
- Each KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is sold at 20 USD in Sephora USA / 30 SGD in Sephora SG.
- These can be found in Carousell Singapore and sellers are giving it between 34 – 40 SGD.
***Note from the author:
The original set of photos used in this post was changed for better visual representation of the swatches.
- KVD Liquid lipsticks are creamy and leaves a very matte effect; smooth & velvety finish on the lips.
- It does not dry instantly; you have time to fill in your lips and adjust the application when needed.
- These liquid lipsticks are very opaque and pigmented; 1 swipe will be enough, but if you want a bolder color, you can double it.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Buildable but does not feel thick and if you need to retouch, it will be easy-peasy.
- You can mix it with another shade to come up with either a new shade OR have a two-toned look.
- Long lasting/long wearing.
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery.
- Note that when you eat oily foods, it may fade a little especially on the inner middle part of your lips but you can always retouch.
- It feels so light on the lips.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Scent-free and no discernible taste.
The brand is not available locally (SG) but as mentioned earlier, you can check CAROUSELL for local sellers. If you want to get from where I bought my lippies, her store link is in the right side of my blog under Beauty Links >> PingBong Shoppe.
These beauties will now available (online & local stores) at Sephora Singapore on the following schedules
– Web Launch for Black Card members
– Public Access Online
– Available in stores
(as of July 6, 2016)
SOLD OUT EASILY
- Just like the Jeffree Star Lipsticks, these beauties can easily go out of stock (this is applicable for the favourite shades, newly launched shades or limited editions) so if you want it, just click and buy them or you will have to wait until they restock.
“Comfort me with lipstick, for I am sick of love.”
– Kat Von D