With nudes, browns and brick reds among others, Colourpop’s Fall 2015 collection brought back the 90s vibe. “Throws it Back” collection includes 6 lippie stix, 6 lip pencils, 2 blushes and 1 pressed pigment. However, for this review, I will only feature the 5 colours of lippie stix.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Described as a mid-tone dusty rose with a matte finish. When I first saw this lippie stix, I was immediately reminded of Colourpop’s other shades – Lumiere and Frida. But when I tried to compare the 3 colours, Contempo appeared to be the pinkiest.
Described as a berry red with a matte finish. When applied this, I noticed that it despite being pigmented, the colour pay-off is not as strong and bold as I thought it would be, especially if you are using a lip brush to apply.
Described as a cool-toned plum brown with a matte finish. My first impression when I saw this colour:
“WOW! IT’S….BROWN…VERY BROWN.”
I was really unsure if I can pull it off because the brownest lip colour that I have was the Kat Von D’s Lolita and I like it. Surprisingly, when I swatched this, I realized that it wasn’t so bad at all, though I look a bit older with this shade.
- The lipsticks are creamy and long lasting enough.
In my humble opinion, the product wears better if you use a lip brush to apply rather than straight from the tube. The brush helps you apply the product evenly and you can build the color (from light to dark) very well.
- Easy to use and apply.
- After meals, the color faded a little, but it was unnoticeable. There was no need to reapply the lipstick.
- No feathering despite having meals.
- Opaque and pigmented.
- Cruelty-free products
- Each lippie stix is sold at 5 USD while sellers in Singapore are giving it at an average of 12 SGD a pop.
- Each tube contains 1 gram of lipstick.
Comparing it with other lipstick products like MAC at 3g for 16 USD, it seems like there is not much difference. BUT if you are the type of person who prefers to have a lot of options but does not want to splurge so much, then this is the perfect product for you.
It is an affordable product with great quality. You really get what you pay for. 😀
- It has a light vanilla scent that is similar to MAC.
AVAILABILITY The brand is not available in Singapore, but as mentioned earlier, you can just visit Carousell as this brand is being sold by a number of sellers.
UPDATE on AVAILABILITY
(as of July 2016)
Starting July 12th, Colourpop is now offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey. There is no flat rate for shipping because the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders.
MAY BE A BIT DRYING
- I wore DAZED for almost 7 hours and my lips felt a the dryness after 4 hours.
- Just like in my previous reviews, I still experienced having minor flakiness on my lips. With all honesty, this is something that must be expected from all matte lipsticks.
Product – 4/5
Ease of Use – 4/5
Price – 5/5
Let me repeat myself:
- Colourpop Lippie Stix is sold at 5 USD (1 gram of lipstick) each but if you will buy from local sellers in Singapore, it is sold from 12 SGD each. (price varies depending on the seller) If you are from Singapore and you want to get your lippie stix, check out Pingbong‘s Carousell account.
Will I purchase again?
- If there are new shades that would interest me, why not?