This is my second review of Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks. The first one was for Redrum & Anna Nicole and you can read the full review here.
For today, let’s discuss Celebrity Skin and Unicorn Blood. 🙂
Each lipstick comes in a pink box with rose-gold stars printed in front (as seen in the photo). The name of the shade is printed on a sticker and pasted at the top cover of the box.
These liquid lipsticks are placed in a transparent, and high-end looking plastic tubes with a pink cap and rose-gold stars are printed on them. The brand name is also printed in rose-gold foil and positioned in front of each bottle.
The name of the shade is printed on a pink sticker and pasted at the bottom of each tube.
I personally like this sort of feature, if I may call it that way. Closing and having that “click” sound/feel when you close the cap gives you a sense of security.
As I mentioned in my previous review, I like Jeffree Star’s wand because it is longer applicator (compared to Lime Crime’s) and has a wider end which makes it easier to use and glide on the lips when applying the product.
SWATCHES & COMPARISONS
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Jeffree Star describes this as soft brown nude with a peachy undertone. Amongst the nude lipsticks that I have, this is my top favourite as this is the most wearable on broad daylight. Yes! You can definitely rock this out without looking too pale.
In this photo: I was only wearing MAC Lightful Tinted Cream,
NARS Blush in Orgasm, ABH Brow Wiz (Medium Brown) and JS Celebrity Skin.
The nice thing about this shade is as if it imitates the natural colour of your lips – very natural. I wore it several times when I was out for dinner. It may fade a little, after meals and drinks, but it is unnoticeable from another person’s perspective.
I am so happy that I got hold of this shade and it has been my go-to nude since I bought it.
Described as dark, rusty red, Unicorn Blood is almost similar to Lime Crime’s Wicked. In my opinion, Wicked is darker and Unicorn Blood has a better formula (Overall, Jeffree Star is better.) Unicorn Blood has similarities with L.A Girl’s Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Secret though Secret appeared redder.
Here is a side by side comparison of Wicked, Unicorn Blood and Secret:
- Each Velour Liquid Lipstick is sold at 18 USD.
- There is a limit of 2 lipsticks per shade per customer. I think it is a reasonable policy so everyone has a fair chance of getting all the other shades that they wish to have.
- These liquid lipsticks very opaque and pigmented; 1-2 swipes will be enough.
- Easy to use and apply
- Long lasting/long wearing
- I used Celebrity Skin when we had a dinner date and coffee but up until we got home, my lipstick was all good. It faded a little, but there is no need to retouch.
- It doesn’t crumble or becomes powdery, unlike other flat matte lipsticks that I tried.
- It feels so light on the lips as if you are not wearing lipstick at all.
- No feathering even without using a lip liner and despite having meals.
- Very minimal transfer (as seen on coffee cups and drinking glasses)
- Made in the USA.
- 100% Cruelty-free products.
- Scent-free and had no discernible taste.
- The brand is not available locally (SG) BUT DO NOT FRET because you have 2 options:
- You can buy directly from their website and the international shipping (via USPS) costs 10.95 USD.
- If you do not want to buy directly from the company, you can check CAROUSELL for local sellers and these beauties are sold from 34 SGD each. I got mine from Pingbong.
SOLD OUT EASILY
- The products are so good, they can easily go out of stock (in a span of 1 or 2 hours after restocking) so if you want the shade, just click and buy them or you will be sorry.
Stay updated and make sure that you follow their official Instagram account: @jeffreestarcosmetics or sign up for their email subscription via www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com.
Let’s inspire each other to stay true to who we are
and have fun doing it.
– Jeffree Star