This is the third and last part of my Colourpop Lippie Stix Review. If you want to check out all my reviews for this brand, click the link provided.
*please note that due to the difference in undertones, the shades may look brighter or darker to different people.
For your reference, I am NC25 in MAC Pro Longwear Foundation.
Described as a true nude beige with a matte finish. It has similarities with NARS Montego Bay and slightly lighter than Estee Lauder’s Double wear in Stay Blush. It would be best to pair it with (simple) smokey eyes to avoid looking washed-out.
Described as a bright lavender pink with a satin finish. Wifey reminds me of MAC’s Saint Germain. This is one fun colour to wear and an absolute eye candy for people who loves bold and bright lipstick colors.
Here is a comparison of Wifey with other pink shades from Colourpop Lippie Stix.
Described as a bright, pinky-red coral with a matte finish. When I first swatched this color, I was not convinced that I can pull it off because I do not anything near this shade in my lippie collection, but I’m glad that it looked flattering when worn. HOWEVER, among all the lippie stix that I tried, this has a very waxy feel on my lips. I am not sure if it was a bad batch or what but it really feels sticky and uncomfortable on the lips.
- The lipsticks are creamy (with the exception of Toucan) and long lasting enough.
- One thing that I realized was that it wears better if you use a lip brush to apply the lipstick. The brush helps you apply the product evenly and you can build the color (from light to dark) very well.
- Easy to use and apply.
- These set of lippie stix that I tried, tested and reviewed lasted almost 8 hours but felt drying towards the last couple of hours, especially Toucan.
- After eating and drinking, the color faded a little and it was unnoticeable. There was no need to reapply the lipstick.
- HOWEVER, if you wear them for more than 6 hours, you may need to retouch though this may not apply to all the colors, especially the bold/dark ones.
- No feathering despite having meals.
- Very opaque and highly pigmented.
- Cruelty-free products
- Each lippie stix is sold at 5 USD while sellers in Singapore are giving it at an average of 12 SGD a pop. Each tube contains 1 gram of lipstick. Comparing it with other lipstick products like MAC at 3g for 16 USD, it seems like there is not much difference. BUT if you the type of person who prefers to have a lot of options but does not want to splurge so much, then this is the perfect product for you. It is an affordable product with great quality. You really get what you pay for. 😀
- It has a light vanilla scent that is similar to MAC and I like it.
Unfortunately, this wonderful brand is not available locally and in order to get the shades that I want (both from old and new collections) at a shorter period of time, I had to go from one seller to another.
- It felt drying towards the end of the day, which is expected from matte lipsticks. Some were very drying (Toucan) compared with other lippie stix.
- My lips got flaky at the end of the day but again, this is expected because these are matte lipsticks.
- Product – 5/5
- Ease of Use – 5/5
- Price – 5/5
- Colourpop Lippie Stix is sold at 5 USD (1 gram of lipstick) each but if you will buy from local sellers in Singapore, it is sold from 12 SGD each. (price varies depending on the seller) If you are from Singapore and you want to get your lippie stix, check out Pingbong‘s Carousell account.
- Will I purchase again?
- Definitely! 😀
Thank you for reading the last part of my Colourpop Lippie Stix Review. I know that it has been a long (3-part) review but I hope you had a great time reading and looking at the swatches provided. Colourpop Cosmetics is worth giving a try because it is an indie makeup brand that offers affordability and great quality.
Thank you once again and have a lovely day! Until my next time! ;D
UPDATE on AVAILABILITY
(as of July 2016)
Starting July 12th, Colourpop is now offering International Delivery options except for China and Turkey. There is no flat rate for shipping because the delivery cost will depend on the weight of your orders.