While the big names in the makeup industry such as MAC, NARS, and Chanel never fails to excite us when it comes to their latest products, there will always be a room for other promising brands such as INGLOT and Kiko Milano. Unavailability in other countries, specifically in the Asia Pacific may be considered one of the reasons why not everyone is aware of these brands. Thankfully, one of them has arrived both in the Philippines and in Singapore! Yes, I am talking about INGLOT. On the other hand, I got acquainted with Kiko Milano when I went to Paris last December 2014 and today, I will share my impressions about these makeup brands.
INGLOT is one of the brands that I discovered through social media last year (2014), thanks to Instagram. 🙂 This Polish cosmetic brand was named after its founder, the late Wojciech Inglot who was an entrepreneurial chemist. Famous for its “Freedom System” and breathable nail polish, INGLOT continuously achieved its success in the cosmetics industry.
As for this Italian makeup and skincare, Kiko Milano, the brand is committed to bringing high-quality cosmetics without sacrificing your budget. Founded in 1997 and with the presence in 34 countries, Kiko Milano continuously expand its business today and have not failed to live up its promise.
I. Kiko Milano Cosmetics
I decided to kill some time while waiting for my husband, and strolled at the mall connected to the train station in Saint Lazare. A store that has a light purple signage in front that reads KIKO MILANO caught my eye. I was not familiar with the brand, but I noticed that there was a small crowd inside the store and so I invited myself in. I told myself, I will just look around, or so I thought. 🙂 I checked their line of makeup, and they have the usual stuff, but what surprised me was the price! It is very affordable!. I went around twice to make sure that I read the price tag correctly, but indeed, it was really not expensive! However, as much as the price tag excites me, I stepped back, thinking of the “what-ifs”:
- What if this irritates my skin?
- What if the quality of their makeup is really not up to what they advertise?
- What if it only works in cold weather/countries?
…and a lot more. So I returned to our hotel and did my homework; I researched about their products and how the users think about it. Just like me, almost everyone was surprised at the price, but the majority of the reviews were happy using their makeup from this brand. After satisfying my curiosity by reading lots of comments and reviews, I finally made up my mind and returned to the store 2 days after to get my first Kiko Milano haul.
Though I got myself several products from this brand, I decided to only share my review for their foundation. I will be doing a separate post for the rest of the Kiko Milano products. Please stay tuned for that.
Kiko Universal Fit Foundation
Amongst the foundations of this brand, their Universal Fit line received most of the positive reviews and I decided to give it a try. With the help of the store’s Beauty Assistant, she identified my shade as No. 01 – Light Peach.
I used the foundation a week after we got back to Singapore and I was impressed! With the humid weather here, it is a challenge to find a good liquid foundation that will not smear off after you had a walk from your house to the MRT station. But this foundation lasted for more than 8 hours on my face without being cakey or patchy. There was a very little oiliness in my T-zone area, but a little powder pat did the job! Even my husband noticed and mentioned to me that I still look great after a long day outside. 😀
I did a swatch for this foundation and compared them with other trusted brands that I have used recently.
I use my fingers (which is the best method) when I apply it on my face, but I’ve tried other tools such as Beauty Blender, a foundation brush, and a stippling brush; all gave the same flawless effect.
Overall, I present to you my impression for this foundation:
- Product – 5 / 5
- Packaging is simple; it comes in a tube. The product lived up to its promise and I am very happy about it.
- It did not smear and no cakey-ness on my face.
- Even after I removed it, I had no skin issues with it.
- Ease of Use – 5/5
- You can use it with our without your tools (sponge or makeup brush).
- Price – 5/5
- This is the good part! The foundation costs 5.90 Euros or about SGD 9 (6+ USD). I mean, talk about budget-friendly but high-quality. 😀 thumbs up!
- Customer Service – 5/5
- My experience at their store was nice and the staffs are friendly. I did not have any hard time speaking and consulting with their Beauty Assistants.
- Will you recommend it?
- Will you repurchase?
- Yes, I will absolutely repurchase. I hope they expand in Asia and have stores here in Singapore. 🙂
II. INGLOT REVIEW:
Last October 2014, INGLOT officially debuted in Singapore, though I did not make it on their opening day, I assured myself that I will get some Inglot love soon! The first time I checked out their store was last December but went off empty-handed because I was, again, overwhelmed! Gosh, I really need to get over with this problem. Is it just me or you also experience that moment when you have a lot of choices in front of you and you are so confused that you just walked out? 😀
The store is located in the basement of Wisma Atria in Orchard. It projects the minimalist look and their staffs are friendly in assisting their clients. I came back to their store last week after I did my research and made sure to have a short list of the shades that I consider buying. I just feel that it will make things less difficult for me and for the Beauty Specialist. Thanks to Zul, my time inside their store was fun and the process of getting everything that I picked was easy-breezy!
My INGLOT Makeup Haul
INGLOT’s Freedom System
GENIUS. That’s how I describe it. I personally think that this is very efficient, why? But before I answer that, try asking yourself these questions:
1. How many eyeshadow quads have you bought and end up not using them all?
Berry: I have 3 sets (NAKED, NAKED 3 and NYX Butt naked), there are colors that remained untouched and their size are just too large to be carried everyday so I ended up not using them at all.
2. Every time you travel, how many makeup pouches do you have to accommodate your beauty kit?
Berry: I have 2 actually, one small pouch inside my handbag and the other big one inside my check in luggage. Of course, I carry different colors of lipsticks with me. Please don’t judge 😀
If you have the same answers as mine, then you will definitely appreciate their product’s concept. I said that it is efficient because, with the Freedom System – you can customize your palettes depending on how you want it. For example, if you prefer to have a “carry-all” for your everyday makeup, then you can have a blush-eyeshadow-lipstick in your customized palette. The beauty of it is that you can move away from the unwanted colors and only pay for the colors that you can really use. Their Freedom System palettes also come in different sizes, so may it be for personal or professional use, there will always be something for everyone.
- The blush and the eyeshadow are highly pigmented and a little goes a long way.
- If you will use them for the first time, try dipping your brush lightly so it’s easier to manage when you blend later on.
- Personally, I prefer using eye-primers because I have oily lids.
Now, let’s move on to my favorite part, the lippies 😉 If you have been reading my makeup reviews, I am sure that it’s no longer a news flash that I have a love affair with matte and red lipsticks. For this haul, I got one of each: one matte and one red lippie. Here are my swatches for the two lipsticks:
For the red lippie, I chose their classic lipstick in No. 176 as I want to have a bright red for my collection. Unfortunately, they do not have a bright red in their matte collection.
Lastly, I got their makeup remover wipes. It has a nice, light scent and it removes the makeup effectively, especially the dark eyeshadows. It leaves the skin soft and I had no irritation after I used it.
Overall, here are my impressions of the INGLOT products that I tested:
- Product – 5 / 5
- Generally, I love the packaging and I love how their Freedom System works.
- It is very minimalist and even if I get other palettes in the future, I can just stack them all together. 🙂
- Everything, from the blush, eyeshadow to the lipsticks were highly-pigmented.
- It is not powdery when you use your tools to apply on your face and a little goes a long way. Lovely!
- Ease of Use – 5/5
- I had no problem with the products, except for the classic red lipstick. I used a lipstick brush to apply it on my lips but after a few smiles in front of the mirror, I noticed that I had lipstick stain on my teeth. But please, do not worry or panic because there is a solution for that. Just do the lipstick finger trick and once you have done that, you will be ready to flash your Hollywood smile. 😀
- Price – 5/5 (At the end of my post, I will provide the prices of the products that I have for this review.)
- The price is reasonable and very budget-friendly. With great quality at those prices, it is a great deal! As I mentioned earlier, with INGLOT, you can get rid of the unwanted shades and only pay for the colors that you want and will actually use. No palette will be left unused. 🙂
- Also, if your total purchase amounts to SGD 120 and up, you automatically becomes an INGLOT member. The membership for one year entitles you to a 10% discount on regular items. 😀
- Customer Service – 5/5
- Good service and the staffs are very accommodating. Zul, the beauty consultant who assisted me was patient enough for clients like me who cannot decide right away and I really appreciate that. He did not look uninterested while waiting for my choices. In fact, he told me to take my time so I can pick what I really want. All my questions were accurately answered and our conversation was just like a regular talk among friends. The other staffs in the store were also friendly and they recommended other products for me to try on. No one was hard-selling and I love that.
- Will you recommend it?
- Will you repurchase?
- Yes, and I am already thinking which colors to include in my next palettes. 😀
INGLOT Products Price List:
Freedom System Palette Powder Square – SGD 17.00
Freedom System Blush – SGD 16.00
Freedom System Eyeshadow Square Matte – SGD 12.00
Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow Palette – SGD 15.00
Classic Lipstick – SGD 26.00
AMC Matte Lip Pencil with sharpener – SGD 24.00
Makeup Remover – SGD 14.00
It’s been a long post, but I hope I get to provide as much information as possible. 😀 Thank you for reading and I would love to hear your thoughts about it. By the way, please stay tuned for my next post as I share with you some my looks using these products. ❤